If the standard size bearing cannot be used due to excessive wear of the crankpin and crank journal use
undersize or oversize bearings.
For undersize or oversize bearing use, follow the precautions noted below.
Grind the crankpin and journal with a wheel which has specified round corner and width without shoulder [Figure 60-10-1].
1. 3,3 – 3,7 mm (0.1299 – 0.14 in) radius.
2. 2,8 – 3,2 mm (0.1102 – 0.1260 in) radius.
3. Chamfer the oil hole circumference to 1,0 – 1,5 mm (0.04 – 0.06 in) radius with an oil stone.
4. The crankpin must be fine finished to higher than (0,4S).
5. The crank journal must be fine-finished to higher than (0,4S).
6. The crank journal side surface must be fine-finished to higher than (0,4S).